Founded in 2002, we serve people and groups who desire a deeper connection with all creation and each other.
We draw energy from our diverse spiritualities and the wisdom of our faith traditions to better care for Creation.
We work in collaboration with many faith and non-faith based organizations. Much of our current efforts are being focused in Detroit in the Brightmoor neighborhood, where we work with our neighbors in gardening and promotion of sustainable use of land, soil, and water.
We Provide ...
- Programs like: Summer Resiliency, Prayer Vigils, Earth Day, BioBlitz, Organism Identification, Social Awareness
- Seasonal celebrations
- Sustainable gardening experiences and community garden consultation
- Earth literacy opportunities
- Education and advocacy on climate, energy, and environmental health issues
In collaboration with:
- Adrian Dominican Sisters
- Detroit Hope Community of Christ Church
- Brightmoor Alliance
- Freshwater Future
- Detroit Black Community Food Security Network
- Great Lakes Bioneers Detroit
- Neighbors Building Brightmoor
Voices for Earth Justice is a member of the following coalitions:
- Michigan Network for Children's Environmental Health
- Community Development Advocates of Detroit
- People's Water Board Coalition
- Zero Waste Detroit
We always need volunteers with these skills:
- Office support
We will happily accept organic seeds, gardening tools, and lawn chairs.
Donate by sending a check to: 15894 Greydale ST/ Detroit, Michigan 48033
Or use Paypal:
Video: About Voices for Earth Justice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6aBclEu3Fk&t=9s